Peace of mind is important when it comes to choosing the right New Jersey contractor for the job. For quality, superior installation and maintenance of your home heating and cooling system, choose an HVAC technician who is NATE certified. Not only does NATE certification help you narrow down the potential candidates and select a qualified technician, it ensures that your money is well spent on a service provider. NATE certified technicians provide residential and commercial HVAC services, and many specialize in one or more service areas.
What is NATE?
NATE, which is an acronym for North American Technician Excellence, is a nonprofit organization that provides certification in heating, cooling, refrigeration and ventilation. NATE was founded in 1997, and is the only organization of its kind in the United States.
NATE tests are recognized as the industry standard and are recommended, although not required for technicians. It isnt easy to become NATE certified, and many technicians do not pass the exam on the first time. NATE tests HVAC technicians to help give consumers peace of mind that the person taking apart their furnace or troubleshooting their leaky air conditioner has the skill and knowledge to complete their job correctly the first time. An HVAC technician who successfully completes NATE’s stringent testing requirements can then specialize in residential and commercial HVAC, thereby increasing their skill set and demand.
Benefits of Hiring a NATE-certified Contractor
Besides the peace of mind you will enjoy when you hire an HVAC contractor who is NATE-certified, you will enjoy many benefits, including:
- Technician competence and familiarity with a wide variety of manufacturers’ makes and models
- A technician who can troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and replace equipment on call, leading to fewer service delays on your end
- Advice from an expert technician on equipment condition, lifespan, maintenance and more
- Fewer callbacks to troubleshoot a problem that was not properly addressed the first time
- Fast, friendly customer service
- Proper installation and maintenance of all equipment, which leads to lower utility bills and less energy consumption
- A contractor who has demonstrated hands-on experience providing HVAC services
- The job done right the first time
Next time you need HVAC services, ask whether the contractor you work with is NATE certified. If not, request that a NATE-certified technician come service your home or business. There is a demonstrable difference in working with contractors who have demonstrated their skills and knowledge through the NATE program. It’s time you experienced the NATE difference for yourself.
Jersey Coast Appliance only employs NATE certified technicians, so you can rest assured that when you hire us you’ll be receiving the best HVAC Service at the Jersey Shore.